Every Friday on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, there is a segment called Thank You Notes. He writes little notes on an array of things. For example: Thank you Mother’s Day, for being exactly like Father’s Day , except with people actually giving a crap.
I was thinking we can put a spin on this idea. We can create Thank You Notes centered around Boy Meets World!! You can write a note about a character, the actors, BMW life lessons, their clothing, Topanga’s ever changing parents, etc. The choices are endless!
There are some guidelines:
• Notes must start off with, “Thank you (subject you’re talking about), “
• Notes should have a comedic or sarcastic spin. Like, “Thank you Rider String, for having the best porn name outside of the industry.”
• Length of the notes should be between 1 to 5 sentences. Please try not to exceed 5 sentences.
• Let’s keep it relatively clean. Avoid F and S bombs.
• Try not to take jabs at the actors. You can call Eric dumb, but don’t call Will Friedle dumb. You never know who might be reading these notes. Plus it’s not nice.
• Also, this should go without saying, nothing offensive. If you have to question whether your note is offensive, then it is probably offensive.
As of now, we need writers. Spread the word! We need lots of input and participation. This will be a collaborative effort. Maybe you want to do a note on Cory and Topanga’s wedding, but you don’t know how to make it funny; submit it anyway and everyone can throw around ideas.
Down the line we will need experts in Photoshop, or whatever program you kids use nowadays, to create the backgrounds for the notes. I’ll post photos from Fallon’s book as examples and possible direction we could go in.
Okay. First I need you guys to submit notes. You can submit your words or ideas on here. Everyone can comment on which ones they like or tweak them. Later we will pick the best ones to send.
How will the notes get to Fallon? Maybe old fashioned snail mail? I think it would be awesome to print them out on cards or postcards and send them in. But another option could be posting them all on here and link it to Fallon’s people.
This is the preliminary stage; still have plenty of things to work out. This should be fun guys! Invite all of your friends to join the madness. Leave any questions that you have in the Ask box.